Who doesn’t like candy apples? That’s a sweet and fruity dessert we all like. (We also have to admit that it can be messy!) We wanted to make it crispier and tastier with some roasted hazelnuts and our buffalo worms. Because sugar is boring, we replaced it with some caramel. Let’s go in the kitchen and start cooking insects!
Ingredients for 6 candy apples coated with edible insects
– 1 box of insects to cook Buffaloworms ORIGINAL
– 15g of almond powder
– 50g of hazelnuts
– 2 tablespoons of milk
– 200gr of caramel candies
– 3 apples
– 3 pears
– 6 skewers
Preparation for cooking insects
- Start by coarsely chopping the hazelnuts
- In a pan over medium heat, start heating gently some coconut oil during 5 minutes, toss everything regularly.
- Add the buffalo worms and continue to heat and stir during 2 minutes. Once it starts goldening, set aside in a bowl.
- Unpack your candies and put them in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of milk. Put it in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds at 800W or until everything is melted.
- Put the apples and pears on skewers. Coat them first with the melted hot caramel and then with the mix of buffalo worms and hazelnuts.
- Put your candy apples on a parchment paper and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- It’s ready!
For discovering our other recipes, come on our blog where we teach you how to cook insects in many ways.